Following are the steps through which the users can easily perform the Linksys extender setup RE6500. Hence, check the complete procedure and apply the steps discussed below to easily setup the range extender.
The mentioned below are the steps that the users are suggested to perform for RE6500 Linksys smart wifi setup. If any user cannot perform the setup procedure, they are advised to get in touch with the professionals.
Note: The users are advised to place the range extender near the router and the area with no wireless connectivity.
- The users are first of all advised to take the Linksys extender setup out of the box.
- After this, the users are suggested to join the antennas to the range extender in such a way that the antennas are in upright positions.
- Now carefully connect the range extender to the power supply.
- Note: Ensure that the power supply is in working condition.
- After this, the users are advised to wait until the light begins to blink orange and then move ahead.
- Now the users will have to choose the type of setup, i.e., wired or wireless.
- For the wireless setup, the users are recommended to connect the system with the range extender’s network.
- The users are suggested to restart the range extender if they cannot see the extender’s network.
- For wired connection, the users are advised to use an Ethernet cable to connect the range extender with the system.
- After this, go to a web browser.
- Then access the official website, i.e., extender.linksys.com or enter the official IP address and then tap on the “Enter” option.
- Note: The users are suggested to contact the professionals if they cannot login to the Linksys extender.
- After this, the users will get redirected to the setup wizard.
- From there, choose the preferred language and tap on the “start” option.
- Then select “Setup as a wireless extender” and then tap on the “Next” option.
- Now the users are suggested to enter the password and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the extender network’s configuration procedure.
- Once the configuration gets complete, setup an admin password for the range extender to access the range extender’s settings.
So after the user applies the above-mentioned steps, it would be easy to accomplish the Linksys extender setup RE6500 procedure. Anyhow, if any user is not able to complete the setup procedure, they are recommended to take help from the experts to resolve the issues.