Linksys Smart Wifi
This guide will show you how to create a Linksys Smart Wifi account, log in to your account and set up your Smart Wifi router.
Linksys Smart Wifi Benefits
- It is a free service that comes with Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers.
- Configure your router settings from anywhere on different devices.
- Set parental control features to protect your kids from online attacks and harmful viruses.
- Users also have the option to turn on/off internet connectivity on devices in your home from anywhere.
Creating an account from linksys.smartwifi.com
You can modify the Linksys router settings i.e network name, password, security type, etc. after creating an account.
- Initiate the Linksys Smart Wifi account process by accessing a web browser.
- Visit linksyssmartwifi.com.
- Go to the upper-right corner and click Create Account tab
- Provide all the mandatory details.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Re-Enter Email Address
- Create a strong and secure password
- Re-enter Password
- Review the Terms and Conditions
- Tick both the checkboxes of the license agreement and the latest product updates.
- Drag your cursor to the bottom-right corner and select your preferred language.
- At last, click on the Create My Account tab and this completes the account creation process of Smart Wifi.
- For confirming your account, you will receive an email on your provided email address.
Process For Linksys Smart Wifi Login
1. Connect Your Router to the Computer
- Take an ethernet cable and join the one end of the cable to the router.
- After that, plug the other end into your device(computer, laptop, mobile) port.
- You need to confirm that your devices are connected together properly.
2. Launch linksys.smartwifi.com
- Access an Internet Explorer browser or any other browser according to your choice.
- Enter linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Input Your Registered Credentials:
- In the first field, enter your email address and type all the characters in lowercase letters.
- Provide the password that is enrolled with the Linksys Smart Wifi Account.
4. Remember Me Checkbox:
- Once you have entered your credentials, select the checkbox of the “Remember Me” in order to save your login credentials. By doing so, you will be straight signed in to your account next time without entering your login details.
5. Click Sign In Button:
6. Associate Router Window:
- To adjust your router settings, you need to link the router with your Linksys Wifi account. Hence, provide your router’s password into the empty field. The default password is “admin” but in case you have customized your router’s password, use the current password instead. After that, select the OK button given there.
Setup Your Linksys Smart Wifi Router
- Move to linksyssmartwifi.com.
- Read and accept the License Terms and click Next.
- Then, it will detect your internet connection. If there is not a stable connection, follow the tips given on the screen.
- If you are a DSL user, input your account name and password details that are provided to you by your Internet Service Provider.
- In the next window, users can tick the checkbox of Install Future Router Updates for the immediate installation of the updates.
- Name Your Wifi window will be presented on your screen. Provide a unique Wifi Name and password for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band separately.
- As you have created a new name for your Wifi, reconnect to your network and click Next.
- To modify your router settings, it is important to create a router password. Give a difficult but memorable password and click Next.
- On the “Your Router is Setup” window, confirm all the settings and click Next.