Features Of Linksys Connect Software
Some of the ultimate features of the software are given below:
- Use powerful tools such as Guest Access, Parental Control, etc.
- Connect your wireless devices to the Wifi without any interruption.
- Easily change your router settings such as network name and password, checking for firmware updates.
Download Linksys Connect from support.linksys.com
Navigate to the official website of Linksys. For that, input support.linksys.com in the address bar.
Welcome To Support window will be presented on your screen.
- Input your Linksys product model number into the search field.
- It will redirect you to a new window. Click Download.
- Then, select your device’s hardware version and operating system.
- Once you have checked all the details, click on the Download Software link.
- This will launch the Linksys license agreement window on your screen. To proceed further and to accept the Linksys agreement, click “I agree”.
- Now, Linksys Connect software will continue to download on your device.
- The browser will automatically save the Linksys downloaded file on the Downloads folder.
Linksys Wifi Router Setup by launching Linksys Connect
- Launch the Downloads folder on your system and locate the Linksys setup file.
- Security Warning Pop-up box displays. Click Run.
- On the main screen, users are requested to do the following:
- Click Linksys License Terms link and carefully review all its terms.
- It is also suggested to read Additional License Information.
- Drag your cursor to the bottom-left corner and select your preferred language for setting up your router.
- Associate your Linksys router with the modem by acquiring an ethernet cable.
- In the next Linksys Connect window, select your region in which you are located.
- The program will now check for internet service providers and connection settings for that region. Click Next.
- Then, join your Linksys router to the computer by using a network cable.
- Linksys Connect software will begin installing your router. Do not shut the window.
- Then, the “Linksys Router Settings” window will be shown on your screen. To change your default Linksys router network name and password, follow the given steps:
- In the first field, type a unique and different name for your router.
- Now, change the default password of your Linksys router to keep your network secure from unauthorized access.
- Then, hit the Next button given there.
- Now, the software will continue with the installation process by identifying the type of internet connection being used. Click Next.
- In case, you are subscribed to a DSL connection, a new window will appear on your screen asking you for your account details. Hence, Enter your account name and password into their respective fields. These settings were assigned to you by your internet service provider when you set up your internet connection. After that, hit Next.
- When you have developed an Internet connection, the Confirmation window will appear on your screen. Click on the OK button. It demonstrates that your Linksys router is enabled successfully.
Q1. What should I do if the device is not found during setup?
Ans1. This happens when your device is placed too far from your router. In this case, you need to adjust the location of your device. Place it within the range of your Linksys router. Also, make sure that your router is positioned away from walls, appliances, and other devices to reduce signal obstructions.
Q2. Linksys Connect software fails during the setup. What to do?
Ans2. Here are three suggestions to resolve this issue:
- Reset the router: If the setup fails, press and hold the WPS push-button for at least 10 seconds. Ensure that the indicator light blinks. After that power cycle the router by unplugging and replugging the power cable from the wall socket.
- Disable the computer’s built-in firewall.
- Also, you can reinstall the software.