Linksys extender setup: Linksys extenders are the perfect networking devices that boost the existing network range and allow the users to enjoy high-speed internet. Furthermore, the range extenders come latest and advanced technology to eliminate the dead zone or poor internet connection issue.
The Linksys extender setup procedure is simple and easy. However, if any user fails to perform the setup procedure, they should check the complete setup procedure provided below.
Prerequisites for Linksys Range Extender
Through the help of the steps provided below regarding Linksys extender setup, it would be easy for all users to setup and configure the range extender. However, before proceeding further with the setup procedure, check the prerequisites required to perform the setup procedure.
- The Linksys extender must be powered “ON” and is functioning properly.
- The users are suggested to note the existing router’s Wireless settings, i.e., Wi-Fi network name’s SSID, Wi-Fi password.
- The users are suggested to reset the range extender to its default settings.
- Ensure to have an accessible and stable internet connection on the system.
Linksys Extender Setup Process
The users facing issues with the Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup procedure should not worry because the users can easily set up the range extender through the steps discussed below.
Note: Steps provided below are for the non-configured extender.
Note: Ensure to plug-in the system to the ethernet port of the range extender. After that, follow the prompts to access the web-based extender setup page.
- In the beginning, plug-in the range extender into the electrical socket.
- Note: Ensure that the plug is in working condition.
- Now, wait for the indicator lights on the extender to become stable.
- Then, connect the system to the extender’s ethernet port via an ethernet cable.
- After this, open a web browser.
- Then the users are advised to enter the Linksys extender’s IP address, i.e., “192.168.1.1,” in the browser’s address bar.
- Now the Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup page will get open on the screen.
- Then the users will be prompted to insert the login credentials, i.e., “username” and “password.”
- Note: The users are recommended to leave the “Username” field blank.
- Note: Enter “admin,” in the password field and then click on the “OK” or “Login” button.
After executing the aforementioned steps, the users can easily access the web-based Linksys extender setup page.
All users need to perform the Linksys extender setup process to resolve the dead zone or low signal issues. Therefore, after completing the setup procedure, the users will get a high speed and a fast range of the existing router signals in the desired areas. So, execute the steps provided below to manually setup the Linksys extender.
- Plug-in the range extender into the power outlet.
- Now turn “ON” the Linksys Wi-Fi extender.
- After this, the users are suggested to access the web browser and type the default IP address, i.e., “192.168.1.1.”
- Then the setup page will get open on the screen.
- After this, the users are advised to insert the login credentials in the provided field.
- Now the setup page will get open on the screen.
- Then the users are suggested to click on the “Wireless Settings” option.
- Now click on the manual radio icon located on the screen.
- After this, the users are suggested to setup the security settings for the Linksys Wi-Fi range extender.
- At last, type the password and “save” the settings.
After performing the steps provided above, the users can easily setup the range extender. However, if any user finds it difficult to perform the setup procedure, they must contact the professionals for a one-stop solution.