Linksys RE6300 is a dual-band Wi-Fi range extender that boosts the wireless network signals and is compatible with all wireless routers. Therefore, Linksys RE6300 is a perfect range extender that eliminates the dead zones and lets the user enjoy high-speed internet. So, enjoy online gaming and streaming content, consider using the Linksys RE6300. However, the users will first have to perform the Linksys RE6300 setup procedure to make the most out of the wireless router.
The RE6300 Wifi extender works great with every wireless router, and also, it is quick and easy to perform the Linksys extender setup procedure. However, if any user cannot do the setup procedure, they should go through the detailed steps provided below.
Steps to setup Linksys re6300 range extender
Linksys RE6300 is a plug-in range extender used to increase the range of the wireless network. Also, it is an easy-to-use range extender with a simple Linksys RE6300 setup procedure. Thus, all users are advised to go through the steps provided below to setup the range extender.
- First of all, power on the range extender.
- After that, take any Wi-Fi-enabled device and connect it to the available wireless network.
- Then the users will be asked to enter the wireless network’s password to connect to the network.
- Then open a web browser.
- After that, access the official setup page.
- Now the login page will open on the screen.
- On the login page, fill in the login details such as the user ID and the password.
- After this, click on the login button.
- Then the users are advised to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the Linksys extender re6300 setup process.
Common Linksys RE6300 setup issues
The following are the common Linksys range extender setup issues that the user encounters while performing the setup process.
- Internet connection issues
- Lost Configuration Disc
- The range extender fails to turn ON.
- The web-based setup page is not working
- Not able to reset Linksys extender RE6300.
- Unable to update the firmware of the Linksys RE6300 range extender.
These were the most common issues that the users came across while performing the Linksys extender RE6300 setup procedure.
Linksys Extender RE6300 Reset Procedure
The users facing the wireless connection issues even after the Linksys WiFi extender setup procedure should perform the reset procedure to fix the problem. So, follow the prompts provided below to reset Linksys extender re6300.
Via Reset Button
- First of all, find the reset button located on the linksys range extender.
- After that, press and hold the reset button to reboot the wireless range extender.
Via Web-based setup page
The users are advised to go through the steps provided below to reset the range extender using the web-based setup page.
- Open a web browser.
- After that, access the setup page.
- Then the Linksys re6300 extender login page will get open on the screen.
- From there, the users are suggested to enter the login credentials.
- Then from the setup page, select the “Factory Defaults” option.
- Now click on the “Restore Factory Defaults” button.
- After this, the users are suggested to restart the range extender to complete the reset process.
So once the user performs the step mentioned above, they can easily accomplish the Linksys extender RE6300 setup procedure. Additionally, with the steps described above, the users can also reset the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Extender. If anyhow, because of the technical hitches, any user fails to perform the setup procedure or reset procedure, they are advised to take help from the customer service team.