Extender.Linksys.Com - WiFi Setup
Linksys WiFi Extender is a device design to enhance your network performance. It repeats the wireless signal from your router to extend the coverage of the network in hard-to-reach areas. You can connect your devices directly with this device to boost internet speed. Further, it is equipped with the Spot-Finder technology which assures that your extender is placed at the right position. To set up your Linksys WiFi Range Extender, you need to access extender.linksys.com on your system. So, follow the below-given guide carefully.
Procedure for Linksys Extender Setup
Go through the step-by-step procedure given below to set up your Linksys WiFi range extenders from extender.linksys.com:
- First and foremost, connect the antennas of your extender properly.
- Now, place the range extender midway between your router and the area without Wifi.
- Then, you need to connect your extender to the power outlet by using a power cable. Plug the one end of the cable to it and the adaptor to the power outlet.
- After that, check the LED lights on the device. Confirm that the LED lights blink and then become stable.
- After that, connect your extender to the computer: So, select the method for setting up your WiFi range.
- Wireless Setup: For this, connect your computer or mobile device to the range extender default Wi-Fi name.
- The default Wifi name is “Linksys Extender Setup – xxx” where xxx are the last three characters of the range extender’s mac address. If you do not find your extender name in the available list of Wifi, place it near to the computer. But if the name is still not found then you need to reset it. Hence, press and hold the reset button on your extender for at least 5 seconds or until the LED light blinks.
- Access a Web Browser: Once the devices are connected together, open a web browser on the system or mobile device. You can access Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc according to your preference. Further, you can find the browser icons on the desktop of your system.
- Navigate to Official Website: After that, place your cursor in the address bar which is positioned at the top of your screen. Now, type extender.linksys.com in the address bar and then hit the Enter key from your keyboard. By doing so, it will take you to the WiFi range extender setup window.
- Select your preferred language: On the setup page, scroll down to the language field which is given at the bottom-left corner of the page. Then, select your desired language by clicking on the drop-down menu box given in the field. Then, click on the Start button given there.
- License Agreement: Now, review all the terms and conditions of the agreement carefully. To continue with the extender.linksys.com setup, you have to accept the License Agreement. So, if you agree with the terms, click on the “I Agree” button given at the bottom-right corner of the window. If you do not accept the agreement, the WiFi range setup will be canceled.
- Select your wireless network name: Now, it will start the searching process for the wireless networks in range. Once the searching process completed, the “Choose Your Wireless Network” window will appear on your screen. If you are unable to find your network in the list, you can click on “I don’t see my network”. Also, if you are extending a dual-band network, make sure that you see both the bands. If you do not see both the bands, click on “I only see one band of my network”.
- Click Manually enter Network Name and Password, if you have a hidden Wifi name. After that, fill the necessary fields given below
- Type your network name into the first field.
- Then, select your security mode.
- In the next field, enter your Wi-Fi password.
- After that, click on the Next button
- Spot Finder: Now, the Spot Finder technology will determine your extender location. If you not place it at the right position or too close or too far from the router then adjust it accordingly. You advised to click on “Connect Anyway” and change the location of the extender after the WiFi setup completed.
- Create an administrative password: Now, the “Make it Secure” window will be shown on your screen. To proceed with the extender.linksys.com setup, you have to create an administrative password. If you want to view or modify your device range settings, you need to fill this in the password field. So, follow the given steps to create an admin password
- In the create an admin password field, set a password that should be both unique and strong.
- Re-type the admin password into the next field for confirmation.
- In the add a password hint field, create a hint that will help you to remind your password.
- After that, click on the Save button positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Lastly, the “Linksys extender is configured” window will be shown on your screen. This points out that your extender.linksys.com setup successfully completed.
- Now, disconnect the router and the range extender from the power outlet. Then wait for at least 30 seconds.
- After that, you need to plug in the router first and then the WiFi range booster device. Ensure that the LED lights of the router and extender properly lit. Now, you can extend your network throughout your home easily.