Linksys Extender is a device that is designed to enhance your network performance. It repeats the wireless signal from your router to extend the coverage of the network in hard-to-reach areas. You can connect your devices directly to the extender to boost the internet speed. Further, it is equipped with the Spot-Finder technology that assures that your extender is placed at the right position. To set up your extender, you need to access extender.linksys.com on your system. So, follow the below-given guide carefully.
Procedure for Linksys Extender Setup
Go through the step-by-step procedure that is given below to set up your range extenders from extender.linksys.com:
- First and foremost, connect the antennas of your extender properly.
- Now, place the range extender midway between your router and the area without Wifi.
- Then, you need to connect your extender to the power outlet by using a power cable. Plug the one end of the cable to the extender and the adaptor to the power outlet.
- After that, check the LED lights of your extender. Confirm that the LED lights blink and then become stable.
- After that, connect your extender to the computer: So, select the method for setting up your range extender.
- Wireless Setup: For this, connect your computer or mobile device to the range extender default Wi-Fi name.
- The default Wifi name is “Linksys Extender Setup – xxx” where xxx are the last three characters of the range extender’s mac address. If you do not find your extender name in the available list of Wifi, place your extender near to the computer. But if your extender name is still not found, you need to reset your extender. Hence, press and hold the reset button on your extender for at least 5 seconds or until the LED light blinks.
- Access a Web Browser: Once the devices are connected together, you need to open a web browser on your system or mobile device. You can access Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc according to your preference. Further, you can find the browser icons on the desktop of your system.
- Navigate to extender.linksys.com: After that, place your cursor in the address bar which is positioned at the top of your screen. Now, type extender.linksys.com in the address bar and then hit the Enter key from your keyboard. By doing so, it will take you to the extender setup window.
- Select your preferred language: On the setup page, scroll down to the language field which is given at the bottom-left corner of the page. Then, select your desired language by clicking on the drop-down menu box given in the field. Then, click on the Start button given there.
- License Agreement: Now, review all the terms and conditions of the agreement carefully. To continue with the extender.linksys.com setup, you have to accept the License Agreement. So, if you agree with the terms, click on the “I Agree” button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window. If you do not accept the agreement, the extender.linksys.com setup will be canceled.
- Select your wireless network name: Now, it will start the searching process for the wireless networks in range. Once the searching process is done, the “Choose Your Wireless Network” window will appear on your screen. If you are unable to find your network in the list, you can click on “I don’t see my network”. Also, if you are extending a dual-band network, make sure that you see both the bands. If you do not see both the bands, click on “I only see one band of my network”.
- Click Manually enter Network Name and Password, if you have a hidden Wifi name. After that, fill the necessary fields that are given below
- Type your network name into the first field.
- Then, select your security mode.
- In the next field, enter your Wi-Fi password.
- After that, click on the Next button
- Spot Finder: Now, the Spot Finder technology will determine your extender location. If your extender is not placed at the right position or too close or too far from the router, adjust it accordingly. You can click on “Connect Anyway” and change the location of your extender after the setup is completed.
- Create an administrative password: Now, the “Make it Secure” window will be shown on your screen. To proceed with the extender.linksys.com setup, you have to create an administrative password. If you want to view or modify your range extender settings, you will be asked to provide this password. So, follow the given steps to create an admin password
- In the create an admin password field, set a password that should be both unique and strong.
- Re-type the admin password into the next field for confirmation.
- In the add a password hint field, create a hint that will help you to remind your password.
After that, click on the Save button which is positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Lastly, “Your Linksys extender is configured” window will be shown on your screen. This points out that your extender.linksys.com setup is successfully completed.
- Now, disconnect the router and the range extender from the power outlet. Then wait for at least 30 seconds.
- After that, you need to plug in the router first and then the range extender. Ensure that the LED lights of the router and extender are properly lit. Now, you can extend your network throughout your home easily. This finishes the extender setup from extender.linksys.com.