Linksys Router Login
To configure your router settings, you have to sign in to your Linksys router. After Signing in, you can change your router SSID and password, security mode, and enable or disable different router features. You can easily login to your Linksys router by using the default IP address of your router. Also, you have an option to create a Linksys Smart Wifi account and log in by accessing the website. Hence, carefully pursue the below-mentioned guidelines for Linksys Router Login.
Procedure To Create a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account
- Access a web browser: First of all, you are required to open a web browser on your system, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
- After that, move your cursor and place it in the address bar. Then, type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Create Account: Now, this will launch Linksys Smart Wifi Sign In window on your screen. You have to click on the Create Account tab that you will find at the upper-right corner of the window.
- For creating an account, you need to fill all the requested information.
- First Name: In the first field, input your first name accurately.
- Last Name: To continue with the process, provide your last name into the next field.
- Email Address: Now, you are required to enter a correct and valid email address to receive the necessary emails from Linksys.
- Re-enter Email Address: In the next step , you have to confirm your email address. So retype your email address for verification. Assure that you are typing all the characters accurately as in the above field.
- Create Password: After that, set a password that should be strong, unique and easy-to-remember. Also, your password must fulfill all the below-given requirements:
- 8-128 characters.
- At Least one numeric value.
- Use uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Confirm Password: In the next field, you are required to re-type your password for confirmation. Input all the characters correctly as in the above field, otherwise, it will show you an error -“The password does not match”.
- In addition, read the whole document of “End User License Agreement”, “Terms of Service” and “Privacy Statement” given by clicking on their links. If you intend to accept the terms, select the checkbox given there and move further with the Linksys Router Login process.
- In case you do not agree with the terms, do not select the checkbox but you will not be able to create an account.
- Also, tick the checkbox “Send me information about Linksys Products, Services and Special Offers” if you want to get notifications of the latest products.
- Users can also change the default language by clicking on the drop-down menu box from the language field. You will find the field at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Finally, click on the “Create My Account” tab and Linksys will send you an email to approve your account. The mail also contains a link for the Linksys router login. This indicates that your account is successfully created.
Linksys Router Login Using Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account
In order to login to the Linksys router, Users have to connect the Linksys router to the computer. So acquire an appropriate ethernet cable, plug the one end of the Ethernet cable to the router and the other end to the system. Then, pursue the steps that are given below for Linksys Router Login:
- To start the process of Linksys Router login, open the account confirmation mail from the inbox folder. Then, double click the Sign In link given in the mail.
- Now, you will see the Linksys Smart Wifi Login window on your computer screen.
- For login to your router, give your registered email address and password into their corresponding fields. You can also click on the Forgot Your Password link if you do not remember your password.
- If you want to save your login details, select the “Remember Me” checkbox. Now you will not be asked to enter login credentials, whenever you sign in to your account next time.
- Lastly, click on the Sign In button for Linksys router login.
- After that, the Associate router window will appear on your screen. To change the settings, you need to link your router by providing your router’s administrative password.
- The default router password is admin. But if you have changed it, use the same password. After that, select OK.
Linksys Router Login Using the IP Address
You can also sign in to your account by using the default IP address of your router. You just need to make sure that your router is properly connected to your system. So, follow the given steps carefully:
- First of all, go to your preferred web browser on your system.
- After that, type i.e 192.168.1.1 in the address bar which is positioned at the top of your screen. This is the default IP address of your router. Then, hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- By doing so, the Linksys router login window will appear on your screen. If you face any error while accessing the router’s login page, you may reset the router to its default factory settings. For that, you need to press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds. You will find the reset button at the back of your router.
- After accessing the Linksys router login page, you need to provide your router password. Under the “Access Router” section, type your default password i.e admin into the required field. But if you have customized your password, use the new password instead.
- At last, click on the Sign In button given there. Once you have signed into your account, you can modify the router settings according to your preference.